A DISCLAIMER REQUESTED BY THE BUSINESS MANAGER

"The views and opinions in this Blogspot are expressed by me in my capacity as an individual member and not in my capacity as a Union Officer. Likewise, comments by the other members on the Blogspot are individual expressions of their views. The views stated herein are not necessarily a reflection of Local 602. The Local has not seen or adopted my comments or the comments of others prior to posting. The Blogspot includes no expenditures of Union Funds."



Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Virginia Democratic Primary Results

Congratulations to State Senator Creigh Deeds in his victory in the Va. Governor's primary. He ran a good state-wide campaign and out polled each of his two opponents by nearly two to one.

Sen. Deeds ran for State Attorney General four years ago with labor's support. I expect that he will again seek our support in November.

On a sad note, it appears that my former Delegate from the 38th District, Bob Hull, lost his primary contest. With over 5,000 votes cast, he fell short by 66 votes. I hope that the 20-25 members of Local 602, which I contacted last week, took the time to vote.

Delegate Bob Hull was a strong backer of union issues during his eight terms in the Va. House of Delegates. We will miss his support.

No comments:

Post a Comment